The mission of the Eaton Community School District is to become a district of educators working collaboratively to create an educational environment that fulfills the diverse needs of students through progressive and challenging curricula. Eaton Community Schools wants to achieve an environment that fosters critical thinking, encourages creativity, values learning and equips our students with the skills to become successful members of the global community.
September 25, 2014 - District Leadership Team
The formal expression of the core values, ethics and convictions of the Eaton Community School District are represented in the belief statements listed below. These belief statements are the foundation upon which the mission statement was built; the mission statement stands strong with these beliefs as its base. The stakeholders of the District strongly believe:
- Education is a lifelong process, not a product.
- Students are whole beings, valued and respected for their uniqueness, fully capable of and expected to reach their maximum learning potential.
- All students have the right to an education, but not the right to interfere with the education of others.
- The school learning environment must be safe and secure.
- Parental involvement is critical to student success.
- Students benefit when mutual respect is modeled by students, staff, administrators, parents, and community.
- The curriculum must be relevant and applicable to the 21st century.
- Students learn in a variety of ways; therefore, teachers are expected to teach the adopted curriculum, using a variety of teaching methods and advanced technology tailored to student learning styles.
- The support of training opportunities for staff, relevant to the curriculum, based on current best practices in methodology, up-to-date technology, and quality preparation time, benefits student growth and achievement.
- The availability of modern facilities and the latest technology will benefit students’ achievement as well as attract the best teaching applications.
- A technological framework that will enhance student learning with appropriate financial support.
- The responsibility for a successful education is shared by student, teachers, administrators, the Board, parents and community working together as a team to build a strong foundation for learning.