Eaton Community Schools has used 5 calamity days that were not required to be made up. However, as in previous years, we will continue using electronic days (e-Days), in order to make-up calamity days 6, 7, and 8 if needed. Teachers will provide lessons electronically through Google Classroom. These lessons will be used to keep students academically engaged during these school closings and will count as a day of school.
KEY POINTS for Electronic Days (e-Days):
- Lessons will be available on each teacher’s Google Classroom by 9:00 a.m. on the 6th, 7th, and 8th days of closing for students to access their work.
- Teachers will be available beginning at 9:00 a.m. and until at least 3:00 p.m. through their Google Classroom and/or e-mail in order to respond to student/parent questions, clarifications, etc.
- Students are expected to access their respective Google Classrooms on the e-Day in order to complete their assignments for that day.
- Students without internet access or a device at home (K-5) will receive paper copies of the lessons or time to complete the electronic lessons upon Eaton Community Schools returning to school.
- Students in grades 6-12 are expected to use their school issued Chromebooks.
- All students have up two (2) weeks to complete the assigned work.
- All student’s work will be evaluated and included in his/her performance grade for the grading period.
- Attendance for e-Days 6,7 and 8 will be determined through the assignments the students submit.
As we move through the remainder of this winter season, Eaton Community Schools and the individual buildings will keep students and parents updated.