Students in grades 6-12 will be required to follow a live schedule during the school day. Students will be required to have their camera on at all times while attending class. The only difference is that they will be learning remote instead of physically being in the classroom. Students will be held accountable the same as students who are physically in the classroom.
Students in grades 3-5 will have the opportunity to follow a live schedule during the school day and will also be given the opportunity to complete their education through recordings at a later time that day. Students will be required to have their camera on at all times while attending class. Students will be required to log in and make progress every day for attendance purposes.
Students in grades K-2 will not be LIVE however, there will be scheduled appointments with the teacher via Google Meets that will be live. Teachers may provide recorded lessons along with assignments for students to work on throughout the day. Students will be required to log in and make progress every day for attendance purposes.
Student & Parent Google Tutorials
Home Guidelines for Tech Devices
Any student who has borrowed a device from Eaton Community Schools should follow these guidelines when using the device:
- Keep all food and liquids away from your Chromebook.
- Always have clean hands when using your Chromebook.
- Do not shut objects inside of the Chromebook.
- Hold and lift the computer by its base, not by its LCD display (the screen).
- Protect the power cord: don't pull on it or roll over it.
- Don't expose your Chromebook to rapid temperature changes.
- Don't leave your Chromebook in a car.
- Avoid placing heavy materials, such as books, on top of your Chromebook.
- Keep the Chromebook on a flat, clean surface, do not use or charge on a bed or fabric surface.